Please find below answers to some frequently asked questions regarding our coverage of TV, Magazines, Promotional + Corporate events.
1. Does the vehicle come with a chauffeur or can we drive it ourselves?
No, unfortunately due to licensing and strict insurance guidelines none of our vehicles are available for self-drive hire. All our vehicles are hired with a chauffeur.
2. Are we able to hang items from the vehicle?
No unfortunately not, due to strict insurance guidelines we are unable to allow clients to hang items that are at risk of damaging our vehicles resulting in an insurance claim.
3. Can our cast and crew climb on top of the vehicle?
No unfortunately, due to strict insurance guidelines and for your own safety we are unable to allow cast and crew to climb on top of the vehicle or any part of the vehicle that risks any damage resulting in an insurance claim.
4. Does Kombi Celebrations hold public liability insurance?
Yes every vehicle on our fleet hold their own public liability insurance certificate and can be requested prior to event date to supply to your third party event partners.
5. What happens if the vehicle is damaged during our hire?
In the unlikely event that one of our pristine vehicles are damaged during your hire and an insurance claim is lodged then the $650 excess fee incurred by Kombi Celebrations or its third party vehicle owner would be passed onto you the client.
6. Are your vehicles air conditioned?
No, all of our Kombi’s are of original manufacture and are without air-conditioning. In the main cabin of the kombi in the majority of our fleet there is the luxury of having quarter vents, overhead directional vents and opening windows in the rear cabin, and front Safari windows which open up allowing for optimum ‘vintage style air flow’.
7. What happens if we have to cancel our event with Kombi Celebrations?
We fully understand that plans change and if you're representing a 3rd party decision maker then their ideas, plans may change also. However as our chauffeurs also have full-time employment commitments taking on mid-week events requires our chauffeurs to re-organise their working week to accommodate events. Therefore should a booking be taken and then a cancellation be received less than fourteen working days prior to the event date then a non-refundable payment of $350.00 per vehicle per day will be charged to you the client to cover the chauffeurs losses. If payment has already been received and a cancellation be received less than fourteen (14) working days prior to the event date then a partial refund will be made less $350.00 per vehicle to cover losses. As please bear in mind your chosen Kombi and chauffeur has been organised exclusively for you on this date.
8. Do you have experience with decal activation projects?
Yes we sure do, please feel free to view our extensive portfolio of events requiring decal activation. Once we get the green light and we receive your deposit Deborah-Jane will work with you and offer our preferred suppliers who are the professionals in decal activation and deactivation. Please note any decal activation costs are at you the client/company expense.
9. What does the project fee include?
Your fee includes; GST, fuel, tolls, chauffeur, cleaning the vehicle prior to each days event and for our chauffeurs safety, with all events that are more than a 3 hour travel time from the kombi depot, an accommodation fee at a local motel/B&B is included in your quote.
10. What payment types do you accept?
We accept bank transfer into our nominated bank account, information will be supplied on our booking form. For your convenience we also accept visa or mastercard. A surcharge apply's with all credit card payments.
11. Does Kombi Celebrations participate in contra sponsorships and partnerships?
This is a question we can answer individually depending on the ROI on each project and marketing opportunities available to Kombi Celebrations during these events.
12. Why should we choose Kombi Celebrations to manage our transport requirements for our event?Deborah-Jane (DJ) the co-founder of Kombi Celebrations started her publishing career with Vogue Australia and has been in media and publishing for over 15 years with experience in Event Management, Marketing, Digital Media and is a social media junkie. She loves nothing more now than utilising these qualities along with her fabulous organisational skills in her award-winning brand Kombi Celebrations. Since our launch in late 2011 we have been privileged to manage over 250 events a year and work with many leading local and international brands and we're proud to say have extensive experience in managing and facilitating TV, Magazine, Promotional and Company events for Channel 9, Seven Network, Disney Channel, major tourism associations and some of Australia's leading brands. View our awards here.
If you have a question that remains unanswered in our above FAQ's, click here to view our terms and conditions of hire document.
Kombi Celebrations weddings with Little Red / "Hi Deb, I could not of been happier with my service. Little Red, Mel our chauffeur and yourself made the whole process amazing. thank you! Katrina and Matt." Photography by Brooke Evrard Photography